Associated Students, CSUF, Inc.
Chief Administrative Officer Application
STOP!!! IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU PREPARE YOUR QUESTION RESPONSES FIRST IN A SEPARATE DOCUMENT FILE AND COPY/PASTE THEM INTO THIS ONLINE FORM PRIOR TO SUBMITTING. THIS FORM CANNOT BE SAVED AND RESUMED. IF YOU CLOSE YOUR BROWSER OR EXPERIENCE ANY KIND OF MALFUNCTION BEFORE SUBMITTING, ALL DATA WILL BE LOST AND IS NOT RECOVERABLE.
Chief Administrative Officer: Responsible for University Affairs Commission, Presidential Appointee Commission, and Environmental Sustainability Commission, and other programs/initiatives as assigned
Use this application to apply for the Chief Administrative Officer position. This position is for the 2017-2018 school year. The position term begins on June 1, 2017 and ends on May 31, 2018. Some meetings and activities may be required prior to the beginning of the term for transition purposes.
The application deadline is set for 10pm on March 24, 2017. Applications must be fully completed and submitted prior to this deadline. If an application has been started, but not been fully completed and submitted by this time, the form will not notify you or close, but will automatically disable in the background and will not accept your application when you try to submit.
General Responsibilities Of This Position Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Regular time committed to being in the office and/or focusing on position to plan and arrange activities, programs, campaigns, and events, hold/attend meetings, correspond, hold office hours, etc. (an average of 15-20 hours a week is a close estimate across most positions)
- Attendance at a variety of regularly occurring team, staff, and commission meetings during the semesters (day/time to be arranged)
- Attendance at weekly Board of Directors meetings (Tuesdays 115pm-345pm) during the Fall and Spring semesters
- Planning and implementing, alone or as part of a team, a variety of activities, programs, campaigns, and events
- Working cooperatively with other leaders, both inside and outside of core team, to promote and ensure program success
Required Retreats And Training Dates Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- May 30, 31, and June 1, 2017 Orientation, Training, and First Board Meeting (plan for all day each day, details to follow the selection process)
- June 3 and 4, 2017 Leadership Retreat (overnighter, plan for all day both days, details to follow the selection process)
- August 5 and 6, 2017 BOD/Officers/TSCGB Summer Retreat (overnighter, plan for all day both days, details to follow the selection process)
- January 13 and 4, 2018 BOD/Officers/TSCGB Winter Retreat (overnighter, plan for all day both days, details to follow the selection process)
- Additional dates may be scheduled within teams
Eligibility Criteria To Apply, Accept, and Maintain Position:
- Have a 2.0 semester GPA in each fall and spring semester from the semester prior to application through end of position term
- Have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA at time of application through end of position term
- Be enrolled in each fall and spring semester with at least 6 units for undergraduate students or 3 units for graduate students from the semester prior to application through end of position term
- Have completed no more than 150 CSUF semester units for undergraduate students or no more than 50 CSUF semester units for graduate students
- Not be on any kind of probation with the university or have an active conduct/discipline file or case at time of application through end of position term
Successful applicant will be awarded a Student Leadership Scholarship
I acknowledge that I have read, understand, meet, and commit to all of the responsibilities, commitments, and eligibility criteria described above
Primary/Cell Phone Number
Enter a number between
Class Level (Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Credential, Graduate, etc.)
Expected Graduation Semester
Please answer the following questions completely. Remember that we can only learn about you and your ideas from your responses. The more you write, the better we know you!
Tell us about yourself (tell us about your background, your past experiences, and what makes you who you are; include any information that you think appropriate and important for us to know):
Tell us what you think the purpose of our ASI student government is and why you want to be a part of ASI leadership (tell us why you think ASI does what it does, what you hope to get out of the experience, and what you hope to learn):
How do you plan to motivate, mobilize, and utilize the University Affairs Commission to advocate for issues on campus? Please be descriptive and specific.
How do you plan to effectively coordinate the Presidential Appointee Commission? Please provide specific plans and/or ideas.
How do you plan to effectively support and oversee the Environmental Sustainability Commission? Please provide specific plans and/or ideas.
What goals and ideas do you have for the position and its areas of responsibility, and how would you improve upon what the position is doing now or has done in the past?
Tell us about other commitments and involvements you have planned for summer and next school year (tell us about clubs, organizations, and campus programs you are involved with, other leadership positions you have accepted or are applying for, plans for study abroad, jobs, internships, fieldwork, etc. that will be on your plate. ASI leadership is a big commitment and we want to make sure you will have time for this involvement):
Associated Students, CSUF, Inc.
California State University, Fullerton
Voluntary Authorization for Educational Record Disclosure
A. University Policy
University policy prohibits the release of personally identifiable information from the educational records of students without their prior written authorization. Exceptions to this policy include: a) release of such in information to a specified list of officials with legitimate educational interest in the record, b) the release of such information in response to a court order, health or safety emergency, or approved research project, or c) the release of public directory information which has not been previously restricted by the student.
B. Associated Students, CSUF, Inc. Authorization
I authorize Associated Students, CSUF, Inc. to access my academic transcript/record to verify my eligibility for its programs and/or positions. I understand that the information accessed may include, but not be limited to, semester and/or overall/cumulative/CSUF grade point averages, unit totals, number of semesters completed, and/or conduct/disciplinary records.
I understand the purpose of this disclosure is to ensure that I meet the minimum requirements established by the university and the ASI. I understand that this authorization will remain in effect as long as I remain involved with a position or program of the ASI and/or do not submit a revocation of this authorization to ASI Leader and Program Development.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to the preceding statement.
Digital Signature of Authorization and Certification of Application
Enter Your Name
Enter Your CWID
Enter a number between
Do Not Fill This Out